We understand what it takes to make sure that a let is successful. The quality of Tenant is of course key and we take great care before we recommend anyone to our Landlords. We build strong relationships with our Landlords and Tenants which helps in keeping matters running smoothly. We look after properties carefully with regular inspections and reports as well as only using highly recommended local tradespeople to carry out works. You and your property will be looked after locally by highly experienced staff.
Marketing your property
- We feature on the major property portals i.e. Rightmove, Prime Location and Zoopla (these are by far the busiest property portals and it is very important that your property is marketed on all of them) as well as a number of smaller ones and our own website. We have made arrangements with additional websites such as Google, MSN, Virgin Media, Sky, nethouseprices.com and Yahoo amongst a number of others to make sure that we continue to offer our customers excellent marketing coverage.
- We take great care in our presentation of properties with expert photography included. We are happy to give advice on how best to prepare your property for let and how to increase ‘kerb appeal’.
- We market all of our properties from our offices in Epsom Town Centre, Chessington and West Ewell which gives superb local coverage. We actively e-mail and telephone all matching tenants that we have registered with us across our offices and do not just rely on Internet coverage.
- All telephone calls and incoming e-mails received after hours are re-directed to senior staff in an effort to make sure no enquiries are missed.
- We carry out and accompany all viewings. We will liaise and organise access in a considerate fashion with anyone living at the property.
- We respect the fact that we are present in someone else’s property when carrying out viewings. We will not allow any viewer to enter any part of the property without being present and we always ask for shoes to be removed where appropriate. We will check that your property is secured properly after viewings.
- We will always look to feed back accurately and quickly on any activity on your property.
Referencing and application process
- We take great care when assessing potential Tenants and draw on our extensive experience and knowledge when considering suitability.
- We negotiate all offers and manage the application process very closely. We fully reference using a respected national agency. A number of areas are checked including employment, income, previous tenancies, residency, credit history and credit rating.
- We make identity and address checks and validate by seeing and keeping copies of such items as Driving Licences, Passports, utility bills etc.
- We will regularly update you on progress and you will have one point of contact in our office so that you are dealing with the same person throughout.
Service levels fees and costs
- We do not charge any ‘up front’ fees and there are no hidden costs.
- We operate on a ‘no let, no fee’ basis. There are no charges to remove your property from the market if you change your mind or circumstances change.
- We detail all matters regarding our service and charges in writing in our Service Agreement so that it is clear what our responsibilities are and all the costs involved. All matters will be totally transparent.
- We will tailor our service to suit you but in general there are three levels of service to choose from and in simple terms they are as follows:-
- We will fully market the property and conduct viewings.
- Negotiate agreement with intended tenant on move in date and rent payable.
- We will carry out full reference checks.
- All relevant paperwork including the Tenancy Agreement will be drawn up.
- All paperwork completed and signed and relevant copies issued.
- We will collect a Security Deposit equivalent to 6 weeks rent and place in an approved scheme and draw up all the required paperwork.
- We will collect the first month’s rent and pass on to you less costs and commission and issue a statement for records.
- We will deal with the annual renewal of the tenancy if required and a rent review.
- All that is included in Tenant Find service.
- We will collect the rent monthly and forward less monthly commission. We will issue a statement monthly.
- We will issue any legal notices if required.
- All that is in the above service levels.
- We will be the point of contact at all times, including for emergencies, for the tenants.
- We will deal with any issues arising including organising quotes for works required and managing the quality of work carried out.
- Inspection visits will be carried out and reports issued to you.
- We will be the point of contact at all times for the Tenants to report any issues.
- Tenants are issued several emergency numbers so that we can be contacted directly at any time of any day if required. We do not use expensive maintenance companies, calls come directly through to a senior member of staff who will take the
- Where an issue is reported by a Tenant then often a member of staff will actually attend the premises as often there is a simple remedy. Clearly this means that there is no cost to the Landlord and there is a quick resolution for Tenants.
- Where works are required we will arrange for local trusted companies to quote for repairs. In most cases there is no call out charge from the tradespeople we use.
- No works will be carried out without your approval unless there is an emergency that endangers people or property. The costs of works will be taken from future rents and will be detailed in your statements along with a copy of the relevant invoice.
- Many Agents insist on keeping a ‘float of funds’ supplied by the Landlord to use to finance any works required. We do not ask for this and our Landlords do not want to tie up funds. We settle accounts and recover the cost against future rent which we then record on the regular monthly statements. This keeps matters very simple.
Recommendation and Testimonials
- We are proud of the levels of business that we carry through recommendation. We are often instructed to act as a direct recommendation from previous Landlords and Tenants. We also have many previous customers and Landlords who would be happy to talk to you about the service that they have received from us.
- We receive many very positive and complimentary testimonial letters; the originals are available for you to look at and read should you wish.